Experienced Michigan Family Law Attorneys Protect Clients’ Rights
Strong advocacy for divorce, child custody, child support and juvenile delinquency matters
If a domestic concern is unsettling your family, it’s time to consult with a skilled and compassionate attorney. At Kohl, Harris, Nolan & McCarthy, P.C. in Metamora, we have been representing clients throughout Michigan in family law matters since 1993. Whether you need counsel for a juvenile delinquency proceeding, contested divorce, custody battle or child support modification, you can trust our firm to protect your rights and interests. With more than 90 years of combined experience, our lawyers have the skill and background to achieve a successful resolution to even the most challenging family law issues.
Firm works to safeguard spouses, parents and children
How you approach a family law matter does not just affect whether you will win the result you seek, but can shape your life for years to come. As seasoned attorneys in this field, we offer practical insight on the consequences of key decisions and handle each aspect of the case with an eye toward your long-term well-being. We offer comprehensive counsel on:
- Divorce — Once you’ve decided to dissolve your marriage, our firm goes over the different types of divorce proceedings and develops a strategy based on your circumstances and objectives.
- Child custody — Arguments over child custody often lead to the most heated divorce proceedings. At our firm, we concentrate on protecting the welfare of your children in addition to your rights as a parent. Having a deep understanding of custody laws in Michigan, our attorneys can work diligently to help you and your spouse come to a fair agreement on legal authority, residence and parenting time.
- Child support — Regardless of the status of their relationship, both parents have a financial responsibility to their children. In initial child support determinations, enforcement actions and modification proceedings we will give you the information you need regarding relevant Michigan legal standards while addressing your child’s unique needs.
- Alimony — When one spouse relies on the other for income, divorce can be a severe hardship. We represent parties seeking alimony as well as those being asked to provide it in pursuit of a mutually acceptable agreement. Should that not be possible, our lawyers will advise you on the several factors judges use when making spousal support decisions.
- Juvenile delinquency — In Michigan, if your minor son or daughter commits a crime or status offense, he or she will be tried in juvenile court, which is part of the family court system. If convicted, your child may be penalized with probation, anger management classes, substance abuse counseling, educational classes, community service, restitution or detention at a juvenile facility. Whether your child is accused of truancy, curfew violations, drug possession or another offense, our professional legal team is ready to represent him or her with the highest level of legal service. The moment you seek our counsel, we carefully review your case, gather evidence and build your child a solid defense. We can also attend the initial hearing with your son or daughter and ensure their rights are protected.
You likely will have only one chance to assert your rights in a family law matter. Make sure you have a knowledgeable, experienced lawyer by your side when the time comes.
Contact a dedicated Michigan family law attorney for a free initial consultation
Kohl, Harris, Nolan & McCarthy, P.C. in Metamora handles a wide range of family law concerns for Michigan residents, including divorces and child custody disputes. You can schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys by calling 810-212-5005 or contacting us online.